Introduce yourself! (Pictures and all)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Introduce yourself! (Pictures and all)

Post by Godiva83 on March 28th 2008, 12:04 pm

Fancy sharing your hobbies, interests, likes, dislikes or even your picture? tongue

Arrow Go ahead and introduce yourself to TLB community.

Last edited by Godiva83 on April 15th 2008, 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Godiva83
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://theliberboards.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduce yourself! (Pictures and all)

Post by Sam on March 28th 2008, 12:59 pm

Hi, I am a failed and retired author of three Super Science novels. I also wrote a short book of cowboy poetry. I am a storyteller and not a writer which no doubt played a role in my novels not selling and traditional book publishers rejecting the manuscripts. I went the self publishing route at my own expense in hopes of getting my stories read. I found out about this forum through the Flamenco forum. I also play or more correctly attempt to play flamenco guitar. My other life long hobby of building vintage style ham radios is nearing the end as my inner ear disorder and nerve damage present a safety issue working around high voltages. My loss of hearing and stiff painful hands doesn't help with my flamenco guitar playing, but at least it poses no safety threat except to the listener. I got tired of writing as mental confusion and dyslexia make it a lot work. So here I am an old man that was never a winner, but never a loser because I always tried my best. I guess I would be correctly labeled a failure. LOL!

Sam
Liberman Basic
Liberman Basic

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River Dog on March 28th 2008, 1:23 pm

Sam wrote:So here I am an old man that was never a winner, but never a loser because I always tried my best. I guess I would be correctly labeled a failure. LOL!

Ha! you finished stuff - losers and failures never even start!
River Dog
Liberman Basic
Liberman Basic

Male Number of posts : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godiva83 on March 28th 2008, 1:31 pm

Hey, nice to meet you Sam!

Don't knock yourself, getting things done is already a success.

Pretty chuffed to have you as a member already, stick around, this forum is only starting cheers
Godiva83
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who, me?

Post by River Dog on March 28th 2008, 1:35 pm

I don't think I can write for sausage, but I learnt pretty much all I know from books (and documentaries). I want to write screenplays, I have made a documentary and intend to make many more - well at least one good one!

I prefer non-fiction. Martin Amis put me off fiction for life and I wonder if Evelyn Waugh was really fiction?

After a 3-year break in Spain restoring my house, learning flamenco guitar and filmmaking, I am about to return to computer strategy consulting - yikes!

This is me in my Bruce Willis hat:
River Dog
Liberman Basic
Liberman Basic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godiva83 on March 28th 2008, 3:18 pm

This is your friendly neighborhood and admin, Godiva83. I'm a bit of a graphic designer, a photographer when I can be arsed, a bookworm whenever I got the time and a professional hellraiser and gyp giver cyclops

Here's a Kodak moment of me and my beau last year

Godiva83
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by all work and no play on May 4th 2008, 1:39 pm

hello, nice to meet you all. I'm a writer, a musician, a hubby-to-be and financially destitute (it seems for life). I write mostly short fiction, tending to be more heavily on the sci-fi side of things.

During the day I write police news for the Daily Breeze. It can be very emotionally draining at times, but I wouldn't trade the job for any other (aside from author or lottery winner, of course. I'm working on both of those).

I basically live day-to-day waiting for something bad to happen to me, as I am a very happy and content believer of Karma. Things balance, and I'm wondering, when will the sea-saw come down?

Other than that I pass the time on Yahoo!Answers in the books and authors section, my blog, and writer's forum http://apex.darkbb.com. And, of course, with my lovely fiancee. She is also a photographer, Godiva. Myself, I try to do the photography thing but only as a hobby -- I'm not quite as savvy as I sometimes hope I am.

I have a dog that is part pit bull, part dalmatian, and the rest Jack Russel Terrier (don't let the eye patch fool you, she's no wishbone). She bites, eats, barks, all in play of course...to her. Two cats live here as well, and the rest, as they say, is lunch.

all work and no play
Liberman Basic
Liberman Basic

Registration date : 2008-05-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godiva83 on May 4th 2008, 8:50 pm

Hey AWANP!

Nice to see you around! It's pretty cool to have *another* actual writer around here. Such a pleasure hanging out with people who can put their thoughts into words graciously Smile

Hope we can see pictures of your doggy and your girl's work around here soon. Maybe she's on Deviant Art too?

Cheers
Godiva83
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top